Idolatry in transgenderism

How does gender affect your life?
marzanna

Idolatry in transgenderism

Post by marzanna » 14 Jan 2019 06:02

I was thinking about transgenderism and it's relationship with reality, which is tenuous at the best of times-- wrt the creation of cult figures.

Specifically the american figure of Marsha P Johnson. He is a figure who is drawn on in like... a christlike manor amongst these people. Even stranger is how is manifests outside of america. Last June a man who was tweeting about Toronto Pride, said wrt Marsha P Johnson: "Happy pride Toronto, but don't forget the reason you get to have a ball is because a black trans woman threw a brick and started a revolution~"
But like........??? did this Marsha ever travel to canada in his life.......????? he certainly was never a factor in canadian gay politics ever.... Toronto Pride developed as a response to the gay bathhouse raids of the eighties...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Soap

And even more recently I've seen this name, Marsha, on signs in protests against the homophobia of the Toronto police (basically homophobic police were not taking things seriously re: Bruce McArthur case and a trans-identified male killed around the village).

These american trans-activists act as if Stonewall was the original, most seminal moment of gay rights, a gay genesis moment which all gay public life springs from. It's so unintelligent, and even more so when canadians start taking it up!
Last edited by marzanna on 15 Jan 2019 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Know thyself.

Peach
Site Admin

Re: Idolatry in transgenderism

Post by Peach » 14 Jan 2019 18:15

That bugs me too. They act like everything happened in the US. The gay movement in Europe has its own history. I wasn't even aware of the Stone Wall riots until I got online.

Marsha P Johnson was a feminine gay man and he wasn't even at the riot. He came later. There's a docu on Netflix about him. Very interesting. In the docu he says loud and clear that he's a boy.

A black butch lesbian started the Stone Wall riots. It was Stormé DeLarverie. Trans folk claim our history. They should stop lying about everything.

Lesbian

Post by Lesbian » 15 Jan 2019 03:05

Yes, true.
Which leads to the question...
Are TIMs in Europe and Asia trying to rewrite gay history to pretend it was all about trans, like they are doing in the US?

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 15 Jan 2019 16:48

Lesbian wrote:
15 Jan 2019 03:05
Yes, true.
Which leads to the question...
Are TIMs in Europe and Asia trying to rewrite gay history to pretend it was all about trans, like they are doing in the US?
Here in the Netherlands they aren't rewriting history as far as I know. Our national LGBT organisation started as a club for only gay men (COC) and later on for gays and lesbians (NVIH). The T was added much later.