Women’s Self Defense Activists

Gather, plan and share your blog
Ash Amazon

Women’s Self Defense Activists

Post by Ash Amazon » 19 Sep 2018 14:36

Warrior Sisters is looking for women who want to teach self defense classes!

Suffrajester

Re: Women’s Self Defense Activists

Post by Suffrajester » 22 Sep 2018 11:58

Whereabouts are they based? I'm a little out of practice but can show some krav maga/kickboxing skills.

DarthTerf

Post by DarthTerf » 29 Oct 2018 20:20

NICE. I'm tearing up a little it's so cool that this exists! Traditional "self defense" focuses on granting the opportunity to run away, but as a person who is physically incapable of running (and sometimes of even getting a minor hustle going), that is NOT an option. The best method is to incapacitate any attacker to the degree that I may limp away from the scene as slowly as my knees demand. Even if that means killing a guy.

VestalVirgin

Post by VestalVirgin » 04 Dec 2018 12:11

DarthTerf wrote:
29 Oct 2018 20:20
NICE. I'm tearing up a little it's so cool that this exists! Traditional "self defense" focuses on granting the opportunity to run away, but as a person who is physically incapable of running (and sometimes of even getting a minor hustle going), that is NOT an option. The best method is to incapacitate any attacker to the degree that I may limp away from the scene as slowly as my knees demand. Even if that means killing a guy.
As someone who can run, but not very fast, I totally relate. If I still have to run faster than the rapist after using the self-defence techniques, they aren't very useful.