After being deplatformed by the Left...

Gather, plan and share your blog
Lesbian

After being deplatformed by the Left...

Post by Lesbian » 01 Feb 2019 02:15

...Gender Critical folks speak on a panel at the Heritage Foundation, a group for conservatives:
https://youtu.be/HMj9MOuRswc

It was well done :icon_e_smile:

Peach
Site Admin

Re: After being deplatformed by the Left...

Post by Peach » 01 Feb 2019 07:30

Working with alt right groups is a difficult topic and it causes devides in feminists groups. Some (e.g. WoLF) do it because they get heard better and we can't win if we don't. They focus on the outcome.
And some won't because these alt right groups are pro-abortion and women hating.
I'm torn about it. I tend to think that the focus on the outcome is most important now.

marzanna

Post by marzanna » 03 Feb 2019 00:54

Cathy Brennan did a really great vid on the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1m-O6Ng7n8

it seems American radfems are quite divided by the choice WoLF made. Personally I'm against partnering with organizations that oppose civil liberties for gays and lesbians. I think dialogue across political boundaries is crucial, but I'm not going to "reach across the aisle" when it's against my interests as a lesbian woman (though I doubt the heritage foundation has the best interests of heterosexual women in mind either.)
Know thyself.

NeedaGin

Post by NeedaGin » 05 Feb 2019 08:13

I feel extremely torn about it too.

I really liked some of Posie Parker's activism, and I do not necessarily disagree with some of her activities. What I find difficult is the way she responds to criticism. I think feminists need to discuss their differences, and work out and be clear when they can support one another and when they cannot. That discussion could be vigorous, and fractious, even angry and that's fine, but I think that PP has been personally insulting towards respected feminists -eg. prof Rosa Freedman (who is a gender critical lesbian feminist, and human rights lawyer ffs!) who I greatly admire. I think that when you are calling women like Prof. Freedman a 'cunt' then you need to take a look at yourself and think about whether you are contributing usefully to bringing women together to further or protect their rights.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 05 Feb 2019 20:42

Just saw Cathy's video.
She has a point. But I talked online to WoLF board members for a couple of years now, and they make sense too. It's not that did made this choice overnight. If nobody wants to work with us, then cherry picking isn't possible. It happens in politics all the time when party's agree on one issue, they work together on that issue.

Macha

Post by Macha » 06 Feb 2019 02:04

If you want to get an idea of America look at videos of the March for Life, this was a big anti-abortion march in Washington D.C. America is religious and is a center right country. The left, the Democrats, in the US have fully embraced Gender Theory and kicked women to the curb. Our only answer is the great majority of Americans who are conservative. That's it. And they will support as. It's the only winning strategy. This Lesbian supports WOLF.

I'm not left nor am I right. I realized that both parties don't give a damn about women (otherwise we'd have paid maternity leave). I'm for women; left women, right women, libertarian and independent women. I support my sisters. They come first.