Women’s Self Defense Activists

Gather, plan and share your blog
Ash Amazon

Women’s Self Defense Activists

Post by Ash Amazon » 19 Sep 2018 14:36

Warrior Sisters is looking for women who want to teach self defense classes!

Suffrajester

Re: Women’s Self Defense Activists

Post by Suffrajester » 22 Sep 2018 11:58

Whereabouts are they based? I'm a little out of practice but can show some krav maga/kickboxing skills.

DarthTerf

Post by DarthTerf » 29 Oct 2018 20:20

NICE. I'm tearing up a little it's so cool that this exists! Traditional "self defense" focuses on granting the opportunity to run away, but as a person who is physically incapable of running (and sometimes of even getting a minor hustle going), that is NOT an option. The best method is to incapacitate any attacker to the degree that I may limp away from the scene as slowly as my knees demand. Even if that means killing a guy.

VestalVirgin

Post by VestalVirgin » 04 Dec 2018 12:11

DarthTerf wrote:
29 Oct 2018 20:20
NICE. I'm tearing up a little it's so cool that this exists! Traditional "self defense" focuses on granting the opportunity to run away, but as a person who is physically incapable of running (and sometimes of even getting a minor hustle going), that is NOT an option. The best method is to incapacitate any attacker to the degree that I may limp away from the scene as slowly as my knees demand. Even if that means killing a guy.
As someone who can run, but not very fast, I totally relate. If I still have to run faster than the rapist after using the self-defence techniques, they aren't very useful.

Charly

Post by Charly » 16 Dec 2018 16:15

I took Feminist Karate Union karate in 1979 ish and did learn basic self-defense, which I taught while partnering with black belt to train groups of women. I agree with the group's focus on kill spot training, and I have taught three year-olds to break out of wrist grabs, choke and bear holds.

It's important for girls and women to start off practicing screams (ki) and getting used to kicking punching etc.

Unfortunately I had cause to breaking away from male assailant in full daylight assault. Not only did I break his hold, I went down in right stance and screamed bloody murderous ugly loud in his face. He ripped my purse off my shoulder, we struggled over the leather handle he got it but I have screaming Chase 8 blocks. We got him and he got a year in jail, it was his fifth criminal offense.

The body memory did come back gangbusters. Our bodies want to survive. I'm 65 and now want to learn more kill spot techniques. I carry a military grade indelibly dyed Mace handy at all times in a Kipling brand shoulder purse. The only purse I've seen with mace dispenser pocket. I bought at consignment, my daughter just got one on ebay.

I taught basic self-defense to preschoolers. All girls should be taught how to self defend. Screaming NO needs practice in group, too.

I just wanted to add my two cents, now that I'm banned on twitter.