Banned by Mumsnet

Share and discuss
curiousme

Banned by Mumsnet

Post by curiousme » 10 Jan 2019 17:03

I just got banned from Mumsnet for my posts in the FWR section re: transgenderism & related topics. Anyone know how this works? Can I still read Mumsnet but just not post? And are bans permanent?

Womanishatecrime

Re: Banned by Mumsnet

Post by Womanishatecrime » 08 Feb 2019 07:08

You can still browse but not post under the username that got banned. You can set up another burner email address and reregister under that. Use a VPN if possible.

MN FWR is a toxic pit of male violence enabled by pro-Trans TIM mods and their handmaidens. You are not alone in being banned - many women find on MN they are targeted by TRAs/MRAs in orchestrated trolling that poor modding enables.

curiousme

Re: Banned by Mumsnet

Post by curiousme » 19 Feb 2019 03:01

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain further what you meant when you wrote:
"MN FWR is a toxic pit of male violence enabled by pro-Trans TIM mods and their handmaidens"?
This is not a goady question. I'm honestly just trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.
Your statement about people who've been banned from Mumsnet is definitely confirmed by what I've seen on the site in the last few months: there's a core of longtime GC posters whose posts are permitted, but newcomers with similarly GC, rad fem outspoken views are given a much shorter leash.
(PS: if the Mumsnet poster EJennings is here, please know Vegilante misses you & the robust & humorous exchanges we once had.)