Peach
Site Admin

Re: ‘Digisexual’ man ‘marries’ an Anime character holagram

Post by Peach » 07 Jan 2019 07:43

Men never stop to amaze me.

Irina

Re: Treasure trove of news

Post by Irina » 07 Jan 2019 13:12

The BBC episode on transgender fertility is out on YouTube and is only 7 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRxzmZZDyWg

Nothing substancial or important was said, just the usual "trans ppl deserve to have a family" BS. Right off the bat a transwoman proclaimed they are "entitled" to have a family. Very telling as to how TRAs think they are "entitled" to anything. The transman in the series wasn't nearly as horrible, but the results of the painful mastectomy she endured made me feel scared for all the women coerced into this.
I still got no answers to what I wanted to know about surrogates. It wasn't even touched upon. Apparently women's bodies are not that important. However, TRAs pushing for their fertility rights automatically means that women's exploitation needs to become a law. Freezing sperm is not even half the problem, the real obsticle is the surrogate issue. It was NEVER mentioned, like it's of no importance. Even if trans people get their sperm or oocytes preserved for free, they will have to resort to expensive surrogacy. I think they'll later demand it to be done for free too if the NHS gives way now.

Good news - dislikes to likes ratio. And the comments:
"What is this madness, people are on waiting list with life threatening conditions".
"I really hate how this is constantly put in your face".
"I work in the NHS and have a little bit of experience in gender identity issues amongst younger people. The volume of children and young adults who present with gender-related concerns is staggering and increasing with each year".
"Christ it’s bad enough that ‘transitioning’ is covered by the NHS"...
"LMAO They claim to be born in the wrong body but still want to keep the sperm!!!!!"

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 07 Jan 2019 17:40

Common people aren't fooled by this. They see through the bullshit
About the surrogate, I once hearded a young transwoman say that he hoped that his sister would be the surrogate. Like it's something women do easily. I thought it was Jazz Jennings. It was very entitled.

Irina

Post by Irina » 08 Jan 2019 20:11

Peach wrote:
07 Jan 2019 17:40
About the surrogate, I once hearded a young transwoman say that he hoped that his sister would be the surrogate. Like it's something women do easily. I thought it was Jazz Jennings. It was very entitled.
Yeah, they don't see the difference between jerking oof in a cup and actually carrying a baby and giving birth to it.
Long ago I asked local liberal feminists about their take on surrogacy and they were like: "Well, it souldn't be compulsory or anything, but females need to be encouraged to be surrogates for their male relatives". This makes things even more screwed, it's downright guilttripping women into surrogacy. Emotional blackmail.
I'm happy people have brains at least in the UK. I have a lot of respect for them, a very individualistic country.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 09 Jan 2019 04:13

Oh yes, the guilttripping, because who doesn't want to help someone with their biggest desire? It's not like giving blood, it's a physical and emotional heavy job for 9 months. People are crazy.

Irina

Post by Irina » 28 Jan 2019 11:32

Not really a piece of news, just a general issue, but I don't think it's worth its own thread. Well, the issue may be worth having a whole separate discussion about, but this video is not genaral enough for that.
Here is the video titled "The Normalization of Facetune is problematic" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKCl1kpNr8
It popped up in my recommended videos and I thought it was a great topic. Apparently, we have one more problematic thing, which is giving free pass to trans people (esp. trans women) to do whatever they want.
First, the youtuber says how distorted our self-perception gets when we are bombarded with touched up photos. Then regular Instagram users hop on the trend and edit themselves, so we as a society are screwed. There are no realistic-looking women and girls around anymore. I was about to mentally check the "Good point" box when she brought up the "good side" of Facetune. Trans people can use it to look more like the desired version of themselves. How can you be so blind?? Literally a minute prior to that she was telling how it exacerbates mental illnesses including body dysmorphia. She made a point that it feeds into our delusions and we keep chasing the chimera of looking perfect. Which does not apply to trans people, of course. This is the definition of being delusional and so unhappy about your body that you want to chop pieces of it off. She criticizes women (the criticism is fair here, not my point), but whatever trans people do is instantly above the ethics and moral points she herself makes.

zella1966

Post by zella1966 » 28 Jan 2019 14:01

Peach wrote:
07 Jan 2019 17:40
That was Jazz Jennings in a magazine article, not sure if he said it on their TV show as well Peach but I think it was a moot point since he never reached sexual maturity because of the long term blockers he was on and presumably could not produce viable sperm to bank and now of course has had the full surgery.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 28 Jan 2019 19:04

zella1966 wrote:
28 Jan 2019 14:01

That was Jazz Jennings in a magazine article, not sure if he said it on their TV show as well Peach but I think it was a moot point since he never reached sexual maturity because of the long term blockers he was on and presumably could not produce viable sperm to bank and now of course has had the full surgery.
Jazz is so exploited by his parents and the media, it's all so sad. He didn't go through puberty and now he's a man-made "woman" with a fake vagina that his body wants to close. He never got a chance to explore his sexuality.

Irina

Post by Irina » 06 Feb 2019 15:42

A women's college will accept transwomen. Yep. They also fire teachers for misgendering.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 02536.html

Irina

Post by Irina » 06 Feb 2019 15:50

A man wants to legally change his age because he identifies as someone 20 years younger. I don't know for sure, but I think he might be trolling. Sure, there is the StephOnKnee business that was very real and disturbing, anyway I get trolling vibes all over the place. Maybe it's just another batshit crazy man, though.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23421.html

Lesbian

Post by Lesbian » 07 Feb 2019 02:56

Irina wrote:
06 Feb 2019 15:50
A man wants to legally change his age because he identifies as someone 20 years younger. I don't know for sure, but I think he might be trolling. Sure, there is the StephOnKnee business that was very real and disturbing, anyway I get trolling vibes all over the place. Maybe it's just another batshit crazy man, though.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23421.html
Wow: “Mr Ratelband has said he would give up his pension if the court ruled in his favour.”.

If he’s trolling, he’s takiing a big risk. Giving up his pension?!?!!!!

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 07 Feb 2019 03:57

He's not trolling, he's just an attention seeking man who doesn't want to get old.
He became famous in the Netherlands for his empowerment courses.
One of the arguments he used is sex changes. His lawyer said if you can legally change sex, then why not age?

Irina

Post by Irina » 08 Feb 2019 18:44

The scariest thing is that it's true (the parallel between sex change and age/race/anything else change). The magic phrase is "I identify as..."

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 09 Feb 2019 04:39

I should identify as a dog and sleep all day. No more work ever again. :icon_lol: