oh for the love of Pete

For moms and dads
Duckspeakungood

oh for the love of Pete

Post by Duckspeakungood » 20 Oct 2018 20:16

My 13-year-old has been friends with a kid for an entire year and I just found out that this kid is a girl. All this time I thought she was a very effeminate boy, seeing as she has a boy's name and uses "he" pronouns. My teenager warned me not to treat "him" any differently now that I know. For crying out loud, people.

Irina

Re: oh for the love of Pete

Post by Irina » 21 Oct 2018 07:07

Poor child! No one is supposed to be having honest conversations with children on gender ideology.
I think there's not much you can do for your daughter's friend, but a conversation with your daughter about gender and the origin of the gender system might help.

unaksi

Post by unaksi » 21 Oct 2018 12:22

I'd say it's "normal" for a 12 year old girl to explore and play with gender, it's only scary in the current context of affirmation only. I hope she can skip medicalization at least for a few years until the trend is finally over (hopefully).

I was such a tomboy, always got mistaken for a boy and even wanted to be one at that age. My parents never said a bad word about it (the rest of society did though), they never told me off or even suggested I should be any other way, they just let me be. It was the 80s. Last summer I was at their home visiting and my mother was really upset that they are now telling children they are actually the opposite sex just because they like certain things. It's unbelievable how regressive that is.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 22 Oct 2018 03:37

Reading this I think there can be sleep overs with mixed sexes and the parents are not even aware.
Gender confuses children and it shouldn't be an option until they're 26 when the brain is fully developed.
I hope this trans trend ends soon, because it's actually killing people. A lifetime on cross-sex hormones shortens the life span.

Duckspeakungood

Post by Duckspeakungood » 23 Oct 2018 14:25

"Reading this I think there can be sleep overs with mixed sexes and the parents are not even aware."

Actually--we'd been arguing for a year because I hadn't been letting this kid sleep over as I thought she was a boy, but now that I've found out that she's a girl, she is now allowed to sleep over. So much for not treating "him" any differently!

Lesbian

Post by Lesbian » 10 Feb 2019 14:46

Duckspeakungood wrote:
23 Oct 2018 14:25
"Reading this I think there can be sleep overs with mixed sexes and the parents are not even aware."

Actually--we'd been arguing for a year because I hadn't been letting this kid sleep over as I thought she was a boy, but now that I've found out that she's a girl, she is now allowed to sleep over. So much for not treating "him" any differently!
Good for you - well done! Those risks are risks are real, and it’s great that you demonstrate this through your sleepiver rules.