Spanish Academic Wins EU Grant To Unearth Early Women Writings

All about books, read and share
marzanna

Spanish Academic Wins EU Grant To Unearth Early Women Writings

Post by marzanna » 03 Jan 2019 04:50

Link from Telesur: https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Spa ... -0013.html

"Carme Font, a lecturer in English literature at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, has been awarded 1.5 million euros (approximately, US$1.7 million) by the European Union to unearth women’s writings from the year 1500 to 1780. The five-year-long project, called “Women’s Invisible Ink: Trans-Genre Writing and the Gendering of Intellectual Value in Early Modernity,” will see her rescuing works of women writers from the margins of European thought and give these early female writers their due recognition."
Know thyself.

Lesbian

Re: Spanish Academic Wins EU Grant To Unearth Early Women Writings

Post by Lesbian » 04 Jan 2019 02:08

That’s great!

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 04 Jan 2019 04:26

That's great!

beba

Post by beba » 07 Jan 2019 12:52

Wow this is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

beba

Post by beba » 07 Jan 2019 13:05

"Her other goal is to also destroy the idea that the women in the early modern period were passive individuals or just intellectual bystanders without any agency."

Are we those women of today, being deleted in real time? Radical feminists are being censored and shunned, I had no idea what was going on even though I have been a feminist my whole life, just now actually see the horror of all of this. What can we do? Liberal feminism is brainwashing people.

Lesbian

Post by Lesbian » 07 Jan 2019 13:12

Yes. This reminds me of the middle ages, when many women published under the name ‘Anonymous’ to have their writing taken seriously. This led to the phrase ‘Anonymous was a Woman’.

One thing we can do about it is to mention woman authors here.
In Genderhammer, Peach has created a forum that men will not be able to shut down.
She has also deliberately made all of the posted content here public, for all the world to see. That fights erasure.