Radical feminists in Finland?

Find other feminists in your country
Myy

Radical feminists in Finland?

Post by Myy » 17 Sep 2018 11:20

Are there any of you? :D As far as I know, there are no out and proud radfems in Finnish media and I don't personally know any Finnish radfem groups or publications.

It would be great to get to talk to some like-minded sisters and get somehow organized. I have a few friends who've pretty much agreed with all the radical feminist theory when I've discussed it – it just seems like the vast majority of women are not even aware of radical feminism and that really is a shame.

I've been dreaming about organizing a radfem meet-up for sometime now. Please let me know if you're interested!

Cheers

Pretty Funny

Re: Radical feminists in Finland?

Post by Pretty Funny » 04 Nov 2018 15:10

Well, I am here. Been reading this forum & other forums and articles and it all seems very interesting. I am still somewhat new to radical feminism but it all seems to make sense... Would be nice to discuss these topics in my mother tongue! Vauva.fi - Aihe vapaa isn't the right forum for discussing radical feminism. :icon_lol:

Myy

Post by Myy » 06 Nov 2018 17:35

Hey you! I'm pretty new to radical feminism as well. Firstly I read some really disturbing articles on prostitution and sex trafficking in Europe, then found feministcurrent.com a year ago, got to hear the critical voices on gender among many other things, and that's how my journey to radical feminism started. After plenty of online material, I've started reading radical feminist literature as well and it would be so nice to be able to talk about these issues with others in real life.

By the way, are you familiar with this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/FinnishGenderCritical/ ? There are a few semi-active Finnish gender critical feminists discussing there, and there's been some talk that we could try to organize a meeting. :)

Pretty Funny

Post by Pretty Funny » 06 Nov 2018 17:42

Myy wrote:
06 Nov 2018 17:35
Hey you! I'm pretty new to radical feminism as well. Firstly I read some really disturbing articles on prostitution and sex trafficking in Europe, then found feministcurrent.com a year ago, got to hear the critical voices on gender among many other things, and that's how my journey to radical feminism started. After plenty of online material, I've started reading radical feminist literature as well and it would be so nice to be able to talk about these issues with others in real life.

By the way, are you familiar with this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/FinnishGenderCritical/ ? There are a few semi-active Finnish gender critical feminists discussing there, and there's been some talk that we could try to organize a meeting. :)
Moi Myy! Thanks for the interesting link, I wasn't familiar with that site. I'll definitely have a look at it.

Pretty Funny

Post by Pretty Funny » 09 Nov 2018 14:08

Myy: I was going through the threads on that site and found this:

The image is about young people seeking treatment for gender dysphoria and it's taken from this blog post: http://www.thehomoarchy.com/do-youth-tr ... ervention/

WHAT on earth is happening in this country? I blame social media.

Finland used to be a country where women could do pretty much anything - have short hair, wear trousers, play sports, be a little bit "gender-nonconforming" and still be a woman. In an agrarian society, people were used to hard physical work. Just when Finns started accepting gays and lesbians, someone comes up with the idea that gnc youth must be transed, that they have to mutilate their perfectly healthy bodies and take hormones! I don't like this at all!