Rant on women who are vicious towards other women

Anything goes
witch

Rant on women who are vicious towards other women

Post by witch » 07 Nov 2018 06:11

Why do I have a sense that women who are more dependant on men, addicted to sex, attention and resources, are always more vicious towards other women?
Is this some kind of self-esteem issue? Pick me, choose me, look at me. As if men gave a fuck and didn't dispose them or consider them lesser anyway.
Also, why is being considered a "cool girl" always mean a girl who resonates with boyish things? Such as having a sense of humour.

Just some early morning rant.

Pretty Funny

Re: Rant on women who are vicious towards other women

Post by Pretty Funny » 07 Nov 2018 11:15

witch wrote:
07 Nov 2018 06:11
Why do I have a sense that women who are more dependant on men, addicted to sex, attention and resources, are always more vicious towards other women?
Is this some kind of self-esteem issue? Pick me, choose me, look at me. As if men gave a fuck and didn't dispose them or consider them lesser anyway.
Also, why is being considered a "cool girl" always mean a girl who resonates with boyish things? Such as having a sense of humour.

Just some early morning rant.
Are you referring to a particular person or experience, witch? Can you give an example?

I haven't really met that kind of girls since high school. It is probably a self-esteem issue as you said, and also an internalized misogyny issue.

Personally, I think that painting women as "back-stabbing bitches who are dependent on men" is questionable. It is a harmful stereotype and also kind of anti-feminist. I don't meet such adult women on a daily basis (actually most women I meet seem to be kind of down-to-earth and nice) so that's why I'm curious to hear about your experiences.

If that type of women really exist, I suppose it could be called toxic femininity? Basing your self-worth on your looks and on the attention you get from men, seeing other women as competitors and sabotaging them, always siding with men against other women, criticizing and attacking other women while envying them at the same time, etc. How common are such behaviors to women? Teenagers definitely do that (and most of them grow out of it, I hope), but how about adult women?