Anything goes
cyberwanderlust
Site Admin

Woman gives birth using womb transplanted from dead donor

Post by cyberwanderlust » 05 Dec 2018 13:01

Two reports in UK from:
BBC - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46438396

Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... dead-donor
Lavery said that, at least theoretically, the procedure could be used to allow trans women to carry a baby.
This still doesn't mean they can transplant a womb into a male body - BECAUSE IT's A MALE BODY.

No, it's only theoretical! Why?
Once the baby was delivered, the team removed the womb in the same operation. Ejzenberg said that was done because it would have been expensive to keep the woman on immunosuppressive drugs and the team hoped to use scarce funds to allow other women to undergo the procedure.
Sisters, Change Our Society Not Our Bodies! ✊✊✊

Pretty Funny

Re: Woman gives birth using womb transplanted from dead donor

Post by Pretty Funny » 09 Dec 2018 15:30

There's a possibility that in some parts of the world they'll start killing healthy young women in order to get uteruses for wealthy TIM's.

Illegal organ trade is on the rise.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 10 Dec 2018 05:18

That's so true, it happens with kidneys. There's a huge illegal market.

I read that they will get man pregnant in the future.
It's so fucked up.

VestalVirgin

Post by VestalVirgin » 10 Dec 2018 12:52

Pretty Funny wrote:
09 Dec 2018 15:30
There's a possibility that in some parts of the world they'll start killing healthy young women in order to get uteruses for wealthy TIM's.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I expect the same patterns as with surrogacy - some few heartwarming newspaper stories about women freely deciding to enable the birth of their own grandchild or a close friend's child, and thousands of rich people, among them a disproportionate amount of males, exploiting women in the third world. The latter we'll only hear about if the case is especially horrid, as with the couple who just left the disabled twin with the mother (but took the other child.)

Pretty Funny

Post by Pretty Funny » 10 Dec 2018 12:56

VestalVirgin wrote:
10 Dec 2018 12:52
Pretty Funny wrote:
09 Dec 2018 15:30

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I expect the same patterns as with surrogacy - some few heartwarming newspaper stories about women freely deciding to enable the birth of their own grandchild or a close friend's child, and thousands of rich people, among them a disproportionate amount of males, exploiting women in the third world. The latter we'll only hear about if the case is especially horrid, as with the couple who just left the disabled twin with the mother (but took the other child.)
Yeah the surrogacy thing is very questionable.

Beatrixkiddvideo

Post by Beatrixkiddvideo » 10 Dec 2018 16:49

I heard this on the news, a brief headline announcement with no detail and no further discussion, and my first thought was, “Oh, shit. The AGP TIMs must be collectively salivating and rubbing their claws together.”

But getting pregnant, carrying a fetus to term, giving birth and then nurturing a baby takes more than just a uterus. A man’s body is not outfitted in every cell for childbirth the same way a woman’s (usually) is. Pregnancy and childbirth involve the whole body and mind. They can’t just slap a uterus into a male body and congratulate themselves and expect that it will work. The ignorance of the male-centric medical profession is absolutely astonishing, and even where women are physicians and researchers, they have still been trained in an educational environment that has its theoretical roots in historically male (non) knowledge. Doctors try to play god, and because of their lack of understanding of female physiology and childbirth in general, they fail. This success came after 10 failed attempts at womb transplants, where all the implanted zygotes resulted in miscarriage. IVF has a high rate of failure in women, but the doctors keep at it because it’s extremely lucrative.

Besides the physiological aspects of creating life,there’s also the culture of historical female information-sharing, much of which is an oral tradition. Women grow up absorbing and being taught and sharing knowledge amongst ourselves about our female bodies and about pregnancy and childbirth. Men don’t pay attention to any of it, because it’s uninteresting to them, incomprehensible to them, unrelated to their male bodies. TIMs are notoriously narcissistic and they seem to spend more time and money acquiring a fake impersonation of the female body. They’re so stuck on the stereotypical feminine that they ignore the true femaleness of women’s bodies. Implant “breasts” are not breasts, and open wounds are not vaginas. Stuffing a tampon up their ass and claiming to get periods? These men are sick and delusional. They have no understanding of how a female body works, which is why they think they can just BELIEVE their way into womanhood. They’re fools.

I’m confident that any attempt to transplant a uterus into a male body will fail, as it did with the Danish Girl.