Might as well list them

How does gender affect your life?
Marieke

Re: Might as well list them

Post by Marieke » 08 Sep 2018 12:08

Today on Twitter:

Young Man #1: "How would you describe your gender without using the words man, woman enby etc?

Young Man #2: I asked this question in #30daysofgender and folks *struggled*. I identify as femme tho most folks "don't see it" when they look ate me, but my gender is deeply entrenched in my ideas of care and vulnerability and honesty, concepts that are often identified as feminine."

Young Man #1: Yeah I think it's interesting where gender identity and gender presentation overlap or are seperate - for some folks they're very much linked, for me they're not.

Young Man #2: Totally, It's one of the spots that's really hard for a lot of folks to wrap their heads around despite the evidence being everywhere around us. It's why we had to spell it out repeatedly in the primer."
For me, my gender is constant but my presentation varies wildly based on weather + other context. It's also impacted by my neurodivergence + chronic illness (there's a lot of stuff I'd *love* to wear aesthetically but *can't* physically.
:icon_e_sad: my presentation varies wildly based on weather :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 08 Sep 2018 12:15

You can't make that shit up. :icon_lol:

mushroom

Post by mushroom » 08 Sep 2018 14:36

I wished it was a joke... then i opened twitter

https://twitter.com/easternfolly/status ... 9570114560

I don't know if some of the replies on twitter are meant as a joke... you just can't tell the difference anymore.

DarthTerf

Post by DarthTerf » 08 Sep 2018 15:32

Marieke wrote:
08 Sep 2018 12:08

Young Man #2: I asked this question in #30daysofgender and folks *struggled*. I identify as femme tho most folks "don't see it" when they look ate me, but my gender is deeply entrenched in my ideas of care and vulnerability and honesty, concepts that are often identified as feminine."

Young Man #2: Totally, It's one of the spots that's really hard for a lot of folks to wrap their heads around despite the evidence being everywhere around us. It's why we had to spell it out repeatedly in the primer."
For me, my gender is constant but my presentation varies wildly based on weather + other context. It's also impacted by my neurodivergence + chronic illness (there's a lot of stuff I'd *love* to wear aesthetically but *can't* physically.
Ugh it's like they're so close to realising clothes are just clothes and we wear them for practicality and aesthetics (if you care about that kind of thing), not because our genderfeelz compel us to. And with that "often identified as feminine" thing he's four shakes away from terfing himself and saying "gender isn't innate, my ideas are different from other ideas and there's no factual basis to any of this". If he could let go of the gendering of all this, I'd honestly have some hope for this kid, But Alas.
Also (insert condescending nickname for this Young Man here), I have major joint issues that make just about everything a real pain but I still manage to wear it all. I guess being a man is a great excuse for getting out of everything.

Marieke

Post by Marieke » 08 Sep 2018 17:37

His ilness is Crohns desease, I don't want to think about the consequences clothes-wise :icon_e_ugeek:

Everybody dresses different depending on weather and context, how do they manage to pretend everything they do is soooo special :icon_e_confused:

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach » 08 Sep 2018 19:00

Yeah, it's like saying my gender depends on fashion. :icon_lol:

DarthTerf

Post by DarthTerf » 08 Sep 2018 21:27

Oh my lord I know six women with Crohn's and they're all fashion icons, gimmie a break dude.

Turph

Post by Turph » 09 Sep 2018 00:29

Sturdy, but airy, like a bracing wind on the edge of a cliff facing a beach. Has a quality like polished agate, in pattern and in texture. Concentrated in the throat, upper chest and sides of the head.
Yeah I definitely thought she was kidding, but then she wasn't! :icon_exclaim:

Twitter is a phenomenon.

Marieke

Post by Marieke » 09 Sep 2018 20:11

Also completely irony/mockery-free:
The wind at sea. It shifts and changes, but tends to hold steady for a while at a time. It can be calm, or it can be a really rough time for a while. Also, it's so dang salty all the time.

Irina

Post by Irina » 10 Sep 2018 07:48

It works just like any "scientific" postmodernist term.

Pretty Funny

Post by Pretty Funny » 04 Nov 2018 14:43

"Cassgender: the feeling of gender is unimportant to you"

- And yet this category has a name. If someone identifies with this, that means that gender actually DOES MATTER to them.

"Intergender: preserved for intersex people"

- So people are allowed to identify as male or female based on a vague feeling, but "intergender" is only for intersex people? Why can't I identify as intersex if I want to?

Seriously speaking: those gender-obsessed unique snowflakes claim to be against putting labels on people, yet at the same time they are obsessed with labels. Oh the irony.

nuxi

Post by nuxi » 05 Nov 2018 07:10

If gender is unimportant why do they need a label? :icon_e_confused: It doesn't make sense to me...

Pretty Funny

Post by Pretty Funny » 05 Nov 2018 09:29

nuxi wrote:
05 Nov 2018 07:10
If gender is unimportant why do they need a label? :icon_e_confused: It doesn't make sense to me...
Exactly. For those people gender identity is like an outfit that you can change every day. It's like identity shopping - just choose from the list and if you don't like it, choose a new one!

Lesbian

Post by Lesbian » 10 Feb 2019 15:49

Wow. I read the first page of the list.
That’s a wasted 5 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back!🤣